Monday, February 23, 2009

Freeloader

My mother is pushing me out of the house. I am pushing back. She claims maturity is marked by taking on responsibilities such as work and...spending time with family? Her arguments have many large holes.

I get the right grades, I don't get in any trouble, but I tend to go out with friends, and I choose to avoid wasting my precious winter break working at a place I hate, making a negligible amount of money.

Ah my crimes cut deep.

Somehow I doubt my future will be shaped by today's shitty jobs. I'll graduate, I'll travel, I'll work, and all this will be completely unrelated to being a server or whatever other kind of job.

Oh! But I'll learn what it means to work as a part of a team, to take a bullet, to eat the words of an idiot and praise it like it's the word of God, to be overly competent and surrounded by impotence.

These lessons are valuable.

Now I know how to be subordinate, and I know how to be completely demeaned. My spirits are tainted against the working ways, goddammit I'm not doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment