Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Aye

I am a successful sinner in the land of repentance and humility. I begin my sentences as references to myself, clear indications of my selfishness.

I am a girl with a brain and a few hips that aren't too seductive, and eyes that reward seldom. I have all-male professors, if just a little bit feminine.

I create stories in my mind--both long and short. They have characters and plots which are mostly ironic. I do not write them down, because I think my mind is a reservoir that never leaks. Life has proven it to be a colander, straining material of less value than the noodles I cook at home.

I put off my future, as if I only have today. My mother speaks to money, my peers speak to happiness. Proof positive both are exclusively separate.

Broken English best reflects the tumultuous mind. Since the mind never smooths, we practice an injustice in misrepresenting it.

End.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot openly tell you such things. you need to tell me first.. .
    on a side note... you should totally write increasingly often. I find your product fairly enjoying to read, so mass produce! like the model T! fordian era blogging has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and to the post, I would have to say that I am in love with the last paragraph. Because every time I speak with any eloquence, I subsequently have the urge to gurgle up nonsense.

    ReplyDelete